OHV Permit (non-resident and plated resident)

IF you are a Colorado Resident, you need to register your OHV.  You needto go to www.cpw.state.co.us > Buyand Apply > Registrations > ATV and OHV and follow instructionsthere.

PLEASE NOTE: The 2017 OHV permits arevalid until March 31, 2017

Motorcycle, ATV and four-wheel drive trailsand roads on the plains, in the foothills and high mountain passes are availableto challenge recreationists of all abilities.

Please allow 7-10 businessdays for your order to arrive in the mail. If you need your order sooner, pleaseclick here for a list of agents where you can purchase it inperson.  You cannot purchase a permit online and pick it up when you getto Colorado.  You must allow enough time to receive the permit in the mail.  Youcan call 303-866-3203 x 4600 to order over phone and have the option forovernight shipping.

Please note the following statute regarding OHVpermits:
(1)(a) No later than January 1, 1990, the division of parks and recreation shalldevise a plan for implementation of the off-highway use permit program.
(b)On and after January 1, 1991, the owner of every vehicle required to beregistered pursuant to article 3 of title 42, C.R.S.,andthe owner or operator of every motor vehicle and off-highway vehicle fromanother state or country, when such vehicle is being used for recreationaltravel upon designated off-highway vehicle routes, shall obtain and display onsuch vehicle an off-highway use permit.

(2) Off-highway use permits shall be sold by the agents referred to in section 33-12-104, and the fee for said permits shall be the fee provided pursuant to section 33-10-111 (5).

(3)Off-highway use permits, when issued on April 1, shall be valid for a one-yearperiod, which runs from April 1 through the following March 31. All permitsissued during the year at any time after April 1 shall expire on the followingMarch 31.
(4)Off-highway use permits shall be displayed as required by the division.
(5)The following vehicles shall be exempt from the requirements of thissection:
(a)Vehicles owned by the United States or another state or political subdivisionthereof if such ownership is clearly displayed on such vehicles;
(b)Vehicles operated in an organized competitive or noncompetitive event onpublicly or privately owned or leased land; except that this exemption shall notapply unless the agency exercising jurisdiction over such land specificallyauthorizes the organized competitive or noncompetitive event;
(c)Vehicles operated on public land for purposes other than recreational use, whichpurposes shall include but not be limited to logging, mining, grazing oflivestock, firewood-cutting, and the taking of trees for noncommercialpurposes.